Monday, November 7, 2011

Art Meets Fashion


Painting by James Nares




JP and I took a trip to Vegas a couple of weeks ago.  It was my first time - what a crazy place!  I'm definitely glad I got to experience it.  Everything about it is loud and in your face.  Including the above painting that I discovered in the lobby of the hotel Aria.  I was memorized by it.  I love the large brush strokes and brilliant color.  I did a little research and the artist, James Nares, paints by suspending himself over the canvases hooked up to a harness - click here to get a visual - its pretty amazing! 
The other day I stumbled upon this photo pf SJP in a gorgeous Prabal Gurung spring 2012 frock.  I kind of gasped when I saw it because it reminded me so much of the painting I've been lusting over since Vegas. 

I'm wondering if I can try to create a similar painting...


4 comments:

  1. Looks like the Aria is worth the stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can totally make your own painting like that! I love how vibrant that purple is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lady should change her bags because all her suits looks so charming except the strange bag, if she can use the new design designer satchel bags for women or the latest fashion leather embossed hobo bags at cwmalls, that's can be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo,brother.No surprising that everyone would stay your blog for a long time and read your article silently. Now I am thrilled after looking at your blog and contemplating a little something delighted That i've ever experience.When I am free at home, I like to do or write some article, but they cannot be compared to you because of my poor english. So enjoy everyday of your life.

    ReplyDelete