Friday, October 1, 2010

My Italian Adventure: Part II

While touring the beautiful, medieval city of Siena we stumbled down a quiet street and at the the end of it discovered a large outdoor pavilion well stocked with old books, watches, jewelry and handbags!  As you can imagine, a huge rush of excitement came over me.  There is nothing that gets me more jazzed than vintage duds - especially when they are designer!  I took some photos to document the treasures we saw.  Note the vintage Chanel bag in the second photo.  I am almost positive it was REAL, but you never can tell with these things.  It was a dark muted navy, only slightly worn - probably from the late 70's or early 80's.  It was about 300 € - about 412 dollars US.  An AMAZING buy if you ask me considering a real new one is about $3,000!!  I left the market to go "think" about the purchase and when I went back to get it, it was GONE!!  Yes, that's right.  Oh well, I keep telling myself it was not meant to be...I did however purchase a vintage Gucci inspired necklace which I will post about soon.

{Lovely vintage Dior sunglasses}
{Vintage designer handbags galore!}
{Was in love with this rhinestone antique number}
{Sunglasses. ALL VINTAGE. amazing}
{Gorgeous statement necklaces}



XOXO,

Sorellina

8 comments:

  1. Amazing! I would have been like a kid in a candy shop...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved Sienna when we went, and Italy has remained my favorite European country. All your write-ups and photos have captured this beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I linked to you on my blog today in a a fun little game! I hope you check it out and play along! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie! I will do this...so fun! Thanks for linking me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A handbag is a handled medium-to-large bag that is often fashionably designed, typically used by women, and used to hold personal items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristen!!! Ahhhh I'm dying here. These Italy posts are seriously Lovely Perfection. It makes my heart sooo happy looking at these gorgeous pictures and fantasizing about my next trip.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Glad you like them! I just love all the sensory aspects of Italy...so much to taste, see, feel and smell :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed going on your shopping adventure with you in Siena. The food part is fabulous too!. We had great food in Krakow and great cappuccino. We had a super time in Poland. You would love it--needs to be on your short list for travel..Jodie

    ReplyDelete